Do you find your home appealing to pests? Knowing the different types of pest control methods is extremely important for maintaining your homes environment. What methods are we talking about?
Pests, be it of any type, pose a grave threat to all living things. Different forms of pests like mosquitoes, termites, flies, and funguses have a detrimental impact on humans, our food sources, and the surrounding environment. You may not be completely conscious that you are sharing food with these mischievous living creatures. It’s gross.
Before making pest control strategies, you should first identify the type of pest you are dealing with, and their lifestyle. This will allow you to use the right system, and easily get rid of them. If you’re unsure, contacting a pest control company is safest.
When you think of pests in the home, insects may be the first criterion that comes to mind. After all, who likes to see ants infesting their houses, or flies? Many that insects in the home include feared pests like termites, bed bugs, and cockroaches. Some common pests and infects found in homes:
Whether houseflies or fruit flies, these pests can cause a wide range of diseases, including food poisoning bacteria.
They feed on human blood and are very difficult to monitor because they spread rapidly. Skilled services are recommended to get rid of bugs in your house. Advance pest control offers premium bed bug removal services.
Ants enter houses in search of food. Their nests are often placed on lawns, in moist, dry soil and under paving, searching for finely powdered soil.
Wasps can come into your yard as a hazard and can infiltrate homes through open windows. Large nesting wasps can contain more than 25,000 wasps! Nests can be found in wall cavities, trees, and bushes.
Termites are one of the most destructive pests, with the average damage to a home ranging from $7,000 to $8,000 and most house insurance policies do not cover this!
Cockroaches tend to live in the cavities of warm houses, kitchens and walls. They sometimes come out after dark, feeding on every food type and may carry diseases.
Pests can be controlled by practicing good hygiene in the following ways:
- Clean up after meals. Put food scraps in the bin, and wash and dry plates, cups, glasses, cutlery and cooking pots after use.
- Put all rubbish into the bin
- Wrap all food scraps tightly in paper before putting them in the bin
- Keep all the benches, cupboards and floors clean and free of food scraps
- Regularly clean behind stoves, refrigerators and other household appliances
- Keep food in containers with tight-fitting lids
- Use the toilet properly. Make sure that all urine and faeces goes into the pedestal pan and that the toilet is flushed after use. Toilet paper is the only kind of paper that should be flushed down the toilet.
- Make sure the toilet is clean and the cistern works correctly
- Make sure that all septic tanks and leach drains are well sealed
- Make sure that the community rubbish tip is operated correctly with the rubbish being buried regularly
- Use fly screens to stop pests entering the house and seal holes around pipes
Disadvantages of using DIY method
Why we don’t recommend DIY strategies:
YOU ARE NOT A PROFESSIONAL
Even though you want to save money and feel confident that your family is free from toxic chemicals, you can’t deny you’re not trained to deal with pest problems at home.
YOU CAN INCREASE THE SAFETY RISK
As experts, Advance pest control works day and night on various projects that involve removal of infestations. They are well aware of the requirements of the goods and their uses, and can guarantee your health. They are going to be absolutely confident about the goods that they use.
YOU CAN SPREAD THE INFESTATION
If you’re dealing with a certain insect, like bed bugs, it’s likely that you can potentially spread the bacteria to another part of the house and increase the problem.
Leave it to the professionals!
At Advance Pest Control, we work with the goal of delivering the most appropriate and timely solutions for prevention of pest incursions in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
We are committed to providing you with the quality of life that suits your needs and comforts at home.
Our goal is clear; providing excellent and cost-effective pest control services by highly trained and experienced staff. With total determination, we make sure our loyal customers get full benefits with an emphasis on pest control. Our goal is to prioritize the customer and introduce long-term, extremely reliable methods.