Ants Control Richmond
The presence of a large colony of ants in your home is always an alarming factor no matter if you are afraid of ants or not. An ant infestation is very dangerous, as they can cause you to have sleepless nights and even compel you to stop living in your own home. Their bites are very painful which may result in persistent pain and soreness, thus making you feel uncomfortable. Ants live in nests and if you don’t take any action to destroy these, they will form colonies which will be very hard to control. Currently, there has been a rise in ants problem in Richmond, especially with the emergence of fire ants. If you are living in Richmond, the possibility of your home being infested by ants is very high. Thus you will have to take preventive measures for ants control in order to secure your home and the general well-being of your loved ones. You may find it hard to do it yourself and hence you will have to call for professional exterminators available in your area. Ants live in nets and they mostly prefer moistened areas covered with soft soil or some soft wood leftovers. Ants are also seasonal which means that if you kill them today, they will come back with a larger colony next year. And the hardest part about killing them is that finding where they nest is nearly impossible, which could be deeply located in a garden or bush far away from your home. There are several ways that you can personally use to fight off these unwanted guests to secure your residence. Due to the increased ants problem in Richmond, you will have to apply the following methods of ant control on your own before availing any ants control service. But if the ant infestation issue still persists after your effort, you will have to take adequate action before it becomes too late.
- Use ant-killing sprays and products, like AntQut, Raid and Powder baits that contain special chemicals to kill these little creatures instantly. But this is applicable only if you already know the nests where these troublemakers are living in. This form of ants control will only work temporarily. There are also great possibilities that they will become resistant to these chemicals over time.
- Create a custom chemical by mixing sugar with Borax and use it to kill them.
- You can pour hot water on the ants’ nests if you know where to find them. The limitation here is finding where these ants live, and observing their paths is very tedious.
- You can sprinkle diatomaceous around the nests which will kill them instantly.
- You can use some herbs, like tansy, catnip, spearmint, lavender sage, etc. which act as natural ant deterrents.
- Since ants like sugary things, you can kill them with a small amount of boric acid and fruit jelly. Make a mixture of the two and then put some small amount of this mixture on the ants’ path. This is advantageous because the scent of the fruit jelly will attract the ants.